What an interesting week for art/criticism.
- I guess it started off with this article by Dan Solomon of his dealings with Culturemap.
- Then the NY art blogs Hyperallergic & ArtFagCity chimed in on the Ken Johnson petition/open letter.
Which got the discussion rolling on Twitter. And a response by CMonster the next day.
- Then #artcriticism was trending on Twitter. Not for the previous discussion, but because Witte de With was livetweeting and livestreaming an art criticism symposium.
- Today, EdwardWinkleman offers his perspective. I think it’s one that I agree with the most.
- And now BOOM! …might be good is on indefinite hiatus.
- But, Fusebox and Culturebot are gonna have an open discussion on Sunday.
I’ll tell you ’bout what I sees
PS: related post from me.