New Location! New Judge! Same great awkwardness!
‘Bout What I Sees has once again organized an art competition as part of the East Austin Studio Tour 2011, Eyes Got It! 2011 is an open call art competition inspired by American Idol, Bravo’s Work of Art: The Next Great Artist and other arts based, reality-TV game shows.
What’s the same?
- 3 Rounds of increasing critiques
- A great panel of esteemed art professionals
- A LIVE EAST 2011 audience
- Same age and geographic eligibility
- Demystifying the juried show process, Illuminating critical reviews, and Attracting attention to Austin artists
- Artsy prizes
- Group Hug: group show featuring the semi-finalists plus some of my favorite works
- 1 Winner awarded a solo show
- Jules Buck Jones is a judge!
- Event takes place at 1319Rosewood!
- Submission fee increase :(
- Cash prizes!
- Top 10: semi-finalists, Top 4: Finalists!
- Finalists must be present for Round 3 :(
- Solo show is at grayDUCK Gallery (TBA 2012)!
Eyes Got It! judges:
- Jules Buck Jones
Artist; Member, BoozeFox
- Rachel Koper
Program Director, Women and Their Work
- Risa Puleo
Assistant Curator, Contemporary Art, Blanton Museum of Art
I’ll tell you ’bout what I sees.