Following are some lists of places to visit while waiting for the Biennial nights to start.
As suggested by Jon Lawrence, Director, Texas Biennial 2007
- Places To Eat: Bouldin Creek Coffeehouse, Mr. Natural, Azul, Chapala
- Places To Drink: Red Scoot Inn, Peacock Lounge, Go have a drink at the Driskill Hotel
- Places To Visit: Blanton, Arthouse, AMOA
As suggested by the Justin Goldwater, Okay Mountaineer
- Places To Eat: Gene’s Po’Boy & Deli, Taqueria Chapala, Las Cazuelas (Justin’s pick: enchiladas potosinas), East Side Pies
- Places To Drink: Red Scoot Inn, Longbranch Inn, R & D’s Doghouse
- Places To Visit/ Do: Blanton Museum of Art, AMOA, Arthouse, Art Palace, Drink to excess like the locals, Canoe on Town Lake, Hang out under I-35, Alamo Drafthouse, See live music – SXSW is happening during the Biennial, Sneak free bulk food samples from Whole Foods or Central Market
I’ll tell you ’bout what I sees.